Monday, October 1, 2012

Wine bottle vases



Flowers always have the ability to brighten a day. Whether they are outside or inside, they exude the feeling of liveliness and happiness. Especially with those cold and dreary winter days lurking closer each day, I will be needing some flowers to cheer me up. My only constraint was that I didn't have any vases to put my flowers in until now. I am also happy that this solution combines two of my favourite things: wine and flowers!

Le scrap d'Aur0re: Do It Yourself#1In order for this project to be possible, a bottle of wine will need to be emptied, how you choose to do this is up to you. You will also need a spool of yarn and about 10 inches of lace, depending on the size of the wine bottle.

To start, clean out your bottle and peel off the logo. It is easier to get the logo off if you soak the bottle in soapy water for a while. Next, dry the bottle and begin to wrap the yarn around it, starting at the top. To hold the yarn in place I found a hot glue gun worked best.

This next step takes a little while so you'll want to sit down and get comfortable; perhaps with your favourite TV show and a glass of wine since you had to empty the bottle anyways. Begin wrapping the yarn around the bottle, making sure that there are no spaces in between rings. Once you reach the bottom use the hot glue gun to hold the end in place.

Time to put on the finishing touches. Use ribbon, lace, fabric, buttons or whatever you like to wrap around the bottle to make it look pretty. Then all you need to do is add flowers.

Because I love having flowers around the house I don't wait for a boy to buy them for me, I buy them for myself! Their beauty and scent makes them special no matter who buys them. Along with this vase, they have brightened my house and my spirits and I hope they can for you as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment