Saturday, October 27, 2012

Scarf me baby!

Cold day? Warm day? No scarf? No Problem! Try this fashion statement that's sure to turn heads and ask questions. This simple easy-to-make scarf can be fun to create and helps you reuse old t-shirts for a new purpose. 

Depending on the size of the t-shirt, the scarf can be made to loop around your neck once or several times. Though this scarf is primarily made for fashionable purposes, the warmth factor can be added by using a larger t-shirt that would allow the scarf to be looped around your neck more than once.

What you'll need: an old t-shirt and a sharp pair of scissors.


Cut the t-shirt just beneath the armpits.

Slice upward halfway the length, of the bottom half of the t-shirt that was cut, into thin to medium strips (as per your preference).

Pull on each strip to get the 'twizzled' look.

Accessorize and wear!

2 comments:

  1. I've seen this on so many different sites and have really wanted to try it. I'm not a big scarf wearer though so this is probably why I haven't tried turning a T-shirt in to scarf. I would probably use a heavier T-shirt if I ever did end p making this since I would probably wear it more for warmth then for actual style purposes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! It looks great.
    Where did you get this idea from? Do you think it would work well with a sweater if I cut off the sleeves?

    ReplyDelete