Wednesday, October 31, 2012

RAWR!

I've recently taken up sewing as a stress reliever. Im still gaining experience so Im not a pro by any means. The latest project I decided to take on is a hat.  Im a huge panda lover and seeing as winter is coming I decided to sew myself a panda hat.
Before you can do anything you have to get the proper materials which can sometimes be a headache dealing with people at fabric land.

STEP 1: Cutting 



STEP 2:  Seam ripping, I definitely made more than one mistake. I swear I spent more time seam ripping than actual sewing. 


STEP 3: WINE BREAK!


The final product 


Overall Im pretty impressed with my hat and I would definitely recommend it. I would rate this project a 3/5 on difficulty and 4.5/5 on its looks. 


2 comments:

  1. Kim! What a fantastic hat!

    You make it seem like the onset of winter to the creation of a panda hat is a natural progression; that was probably my favourite part. The wine break was also great, obviously. When did you start sewing and what other projects have you been working on?

    Sewing is something I enjoy doing in the moment, but when I'm not sewing I don't really miss it. Do you have any other suggestions that might inspire me to start a new project?

    I guess the activity I do enjoy that comes closest to sewing is crochet. I've made hats and scarves and blankets; all the easy stuff!

    If I were to make a hat tomorrow, I would probably "steal" an idea (if that's possible; after Tuesday's class I'm not so sure) from etsy and make a R2D2 toque. Coincidentally, I'm wearing a Star Wars t-shirt today also.

    Check it out!

    http://www.etsy.com/listing/94786683/r2d2-hat-from-star-wars-grey-and-royal?ref=sr_gallery_26&ga_includes[0]=tags&ga_search_query=r2d2&ga_search_type=all&ga_facet=r2d2&ga_includes[]=tags&ga_view_type=gallery

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alyssa! All the tick or treaters loved it last night as well!
    I've been sewing since high school, I registered for fashion class in grade 9 and I fell in love with it! I haven't done much lately besides the odd hem job so this has been my latest "big" project! Up next is quilting, Im taking a bunch of old t shirts and making a quilt out of that. It's going to be challenging but I need to do something with my old t's.

    I love your R2D2 Idea that would be awesome, can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete