Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Nail art

The last few months I've been hitting the gym training for all sorts of races. I recently completed a half marathon and now Im training for the "tough mudder." Because of the training my feet were not looking so hot, my nails are extremely short from breaking in my runners and they are covered in blisters and calluses, so I decided to treat my feet to a nice pedicure.

The first half of the pedicure consisted of a hot stone message, a scrub, more messages scrapping the dead skin off. When it came to the painting of the nails they asked me if I wanted fancy designs on my nails, I looked at what they offered. I guess this fad of nail art is more popular than I thought because wow they offered a lot of different designs. I decided to go for just a plain color because my nails were grossly short.

I'm not much into the whole paint my nails fad so when I got home I decided to google this nail art idea. I came across a few websites that show you how to do your own nail art:

http://www.nail-art-101.com/ 

http://www.shexists.com/2012/01/how-to-instant-nail-arts-do-yourself.html

My sister being a little more knowledgeable on this topic let me try some nail art on her:





















If you ask me it didn't look half bad, however I must say it took a lot longer than I expected. Kudos to those estheticians, I would not have the patients to do that everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment