Saturday, October 27, 2012

Too much to do





With so much to do and so little time, I find it hard to keep track of everything that needs to be done. Homework, essays, work, places to go and people to see, all the stuff that needs to be done can be overwhelming! Of course, rather than actually doing the things that I need to get done, I spend my time procrastinating on Pinterest. However, the other day while procrastinating I found something that would be useful for keeping track of all the things that I should actually be doing.

I made a small version of this project because I just don't have the space for the full version. It is a picture frame, but instead of using it as a frame it is a dry erase board! Originally it was a collage frame that had the weekdays for each different frame, but I used a single frame to make a "To Do" list. All I needed was:

1 picture frame

1 sheet of patterned paper (I used some cool tissue
 paper I saved from in a shopping bag... You have to craft
 on a budget when you're a student!)

1 dry erase marker

1 crafting knife


First, take the back of the frame off and line it up on the paper as you please. Then run the knife against the edges to cut the paper to be the right size.

Second, put the paper in the frame like you would a picture.

Third, use the dry erase marker to create "To Do" and your list on the glass. If you need to erase just use a damp paper towel. It took me a few tries to get my letters to look even half decent!

And that's all there is to it!


At first, I thought my frame would make a good "Nailed It!" meme, but it grew on me. Plus, using it has been extremely helpful. I am a very forgetful person; I practically forget one thought before I've even finished thinking about it, so having a "To Do" list displayed in front of my all the time is really beneficial. Now I can't forget or miss anything, unless I forget to write it down...

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kathryn!

    I love this idea. I am famous for all of my lists, but I usually have little post-it notes all over the place. This would be a much better way of organizing things into one place because you can constantly update it and prioritize it without having to start a new list!
    The only down side is that you can't really see what you've accomplished. I really like looking back on my "to do" list and seeing all of the things that I've already completed. Maybe I would just need a really big dry-erase to do list though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathryn,

    I recently go on Pinterest too and I always end up going on it to look at random pictures. That's a really sweet to do board to make sure you finish all your tasks! I usually use my phone to manage all my tasks though. I find it more convenient because I always have my phone on me so I can always look at all the tasks I have to complete wherever I am.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathryn,

    That looks like a great idea!
    Personally I always use the calendar on my phone, or post it notes on my laptop. I've found that with working a job, taking a full course load, and balancing a social life things are difficult to manage. Using a picture from is one of the more creative ways to keep track, and personally if I was more artistic I'd probably do the same!

    I think that idea would go well with posting quotes for "self-motivation" which is something I often seek to keep pushing me and steering me away from procrastination (Twitter and Facebook are my main sources of procrastination). One that I currently have developed a strong connection to is a quote by Julie Andrews who says "perseverance is failing 19 times and succeeding on the 20th".

    Hope that helps, and good luck on finals!

    Zach Z

    ReplyDelete