Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Divine Mac and Cheese


            This past summer I worked at a small town restaurant.  The cooks always made a daily special and usually just made something up the morning of.  Angie one of the cooks decided on a rainy day to make mac and cheese since she had a lot of left over corners of smoked cheddar cheese that we always use.  She didn’t really know what she was doing and so I cant really post her recipe all I know was that it was amazing!! 
            The top was crispy and the inside was so creamy.  I should really see if I could get her to remember how she put it together so that I can make it.  Since I’m so obsessed with this mac and cheese I decided I would try and find a similar recipe on line.  I happened to find one that included smoked cheddar and BACON!  It looks really easy to make and even goes in the oven!
            Here’s the recipe for those of you who like homemade mac and cheese not the stuff out of the box:
Ingredients
   2 cups of good smoked cheese
   1/2 cup green peas
   6-8 strips of bacon
   1/2 packaged of fussili pasta
   3 tablespoons butter
   3 tablespoons flour
   1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
salt and pepper to taste

I don’t have everything to make this with yet but I definitely think it is something I am going to try.  I love making casserole dishes in residence because it’s really easy to freeze half of the casserole and save it for a later time (mid terms and finals).  With this recipe however I don’t think I would use fussili pasta I would probably use the macaroni noodles.  Doesn’t it look sooo good!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment