Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Crock-pot Lasagna


            Lasagna is a staple at my apartment I make it all the time.  However I haven’t tried making it in the crock-pot…yet!  I usually make it in a casserole dish but I was really curious when I was at my aunt’s house and she had made crock-pot lasagna.  It was really good I googled the recipe once I got home.  This recipe says to use ricotta cheese but when I do this recipe I will probably just use mozzarella cheese or whatever Kraft shredded cheese I think will work best.  Here it is!!
            1-pound ground beef
            ½ cup diced white onion
            1 teaspoon minced garlic
            1 (24 ounce) jar of spaghetti sauce
            ½ cup water
            1 (15 ounces) container ricotta cheese
            2 cups mozzarella cheese
            ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
            1 whole egg
            2 tablespoons fresh parsley
            6 uncooked lasagna noodles
Lasagna is my final food.  I usually make lasagna the week I have all my midterms or my finals cook it the night before the first exam and then eat it until it’s gone.  My pan isn’t huge just an 11x7.  I don’t know how I don’t get sick of it.  I am definitely going to try this recipe the next time I have a round of exams.  

2 comments:

  1. I love love love this idea. Im big into the crock pot ideas seeing as I feel so busy lately and absolutely no time to cook. I will be sure be trying this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With the final exams coming I just went out and bought all the ingredients for a lasagna as well. You really can't go wrong with it! The one that I make is a recipe of my mom's called lazy lasagna. It awesome because you don't have to spend a bunch of time layering the noodles, you just use smaller noodles and it gets all mixed together with the cheese and beef. It sounds kind of gross when I say it like that but it is delicious! I'll have to give your recipe a try next time because I don't have a crock pot, but I think I might have to invest in one soon.

    ReplyDelete