Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Crock-Pot Chicken Taco Soup


I swear that Crock Pots (slow cookers whatever you want to call it) were designed for university students.  Yes I know everyone has a crock-pot at home (my mom has 2!) however I think that they were meant for us.  Last year when I first moved out of home and in to Mount Royal Residence I watched as my one roommate religiously used hers all year.  Eventually we took turns using it and were ecstatic when our other roommate came home from Christmas holidays with a crock-pot! 
            But enough about the actual crock pot and on to the recipes.  I broke down this year and bought a smallish one (feeds 3-4 people).  I use it every other week.  The first recipe I want to share is called Chicken Taco Soup.  It is the best thing in the world.  Trust me on this.  Its super easy to make and oh so delicious.
            Here’s the recipe:
                        1 onion, chopped

1 can (15 ounce size) chili beans

1 can (15 ounce size) black beans

1 can (15 ounce size) whole kernel corn, drained
1
 can (8 ounce size) tomato sauce

1 bottle (12 ounce size) beer

2 cans (10 ounce size) diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained

1 package (1.25 ounce size) taco seasoning

3 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves

shredded Cheddar cheese (optional)

sour cream (optional)

crushed tortilla chips (optional)


On a side note unless you don’t like cheese, sour cream, or tortilla chips please please please disregard the optional. 
The best thing about this recipe is that you can throw anything into it.  My mom and me make this all the time and we change the recipe every time.  It just depends on what you like in a taco and what you have on hand.  This recipe is so hard to mess up and I love making it.  I always freeze half of the soup and reheat it later when I’m craving it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment