Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Keep that little bugger busy for a few hours…DIY paper flying dragon!


I was looking for something to keep my little brother Dominick busy with the other day and I figured this little flying dragon by Artzooka was perfect, especially since he loves doing arts and crafts. I made one for myself as well and we both spent a couple hours outside flying around. The dragon is weighted at a central point so as it is lifted, the wings move up and down in a flapping motion.

This craft is very handy as it can be made with everyday items found in the home - such as cardboard, tape, string, rocks, and elastics. I must admit, at first glance the dragon seems to require a bit more effort than I initially though, but once I began the tasks, everything came together well and we were soon up up and away. The dragon can be painted at the end to express your more creative side!

When we made the dragon, our parents were away so Nick decided he wanted to make a little video with his dragon to send to mom and dad so they could see how cool it was. He made up a story about an evil witch that is attacking a small village. The dragon is dispatched from home base to protect the town. When the villagers are saved from the evil witch, they all cheer and thank the dragon. The dragon then reports back to his boss to inform him that the mission was a success. The video ends with my brother sending his love to mom and dad. >_<  Kids are so cute! … even more so with no teeth Awwww


The Artzooka website shows you step by step how to get flying with your very own super cool dragon, plus other really awesome craft ideas for those little 'angels' to keep busy with!

1 comment:

  1. I work with children and this is a great craft idea that I plan on using. I also like the video you added. Great job, it really grabbed my attention.

    ReplyDelete