Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Crock-Pot Ham and Potato Soup


My thanksgiving consisted of turkey and ham.  Awesome right?  I have to admit that I ate a ton of both.  Thankfully there was left over ham!! Why am I so happy about this?  Because it mean potato and ham soup is in the future! 

Although this may sound kind of boring and bland the recipe that my mom uses is amazing.  When I asked her how to make her first reaction was “Tricia you don’t have a crock pot big enough to make it in.”  Which I replied that I wasn’t making it I was going to share it.  Her second reaction was then “well I can try and give it to you but I usually make it up”.  But I managed to get her to fess up to this master piece they call soup. 
Delicious Ham and Potato Soup

Here it is:

3 cartons of Campbell’s Field Potato and Leek Soup
1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese

Product media1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese

2 cups of diced cooked ham
1 cup of cauliflower cut into bite sized pieces
1 cup of diced potatos
1 cup of corn
1 medium sized onion
½ block of cream cheese

Through it all into a crock-pot and set on high for three hours or until veggies are nice and tender.  This recipe feeds “six very hungry people”.  But I’m sure it feeds a little more than six.

If this doesn’t suit you fancy then maybe this ham and potato soup will. 




No comments:

Post a Comment