Tuesday, December 4, 2012

T'is The Season

I was shopping for Christmas decorations/craft ideas at Michael's and I decided that I wanted to make my own Christmas Wreath this year. I took a look at their pre made wreaths and got some ideas. It was a good thing there was a Dollar Store next door because Michael's can get a nit pricey. I picked up:
  • Styrofoam ring. 
  • Any type of  festive decorations you want to decorate your wreath with.
  • Glue Gun
  • Real or fake cedar bows























Here are examples of the festive decorations I bought.

Getting Ready:
Take everything out of the packaging lay it out and get a idea of how you want to decorate your wreath.

Get Started:
  • Wrap the cedar bows around the Styrofoam ring until it is covered. Tip: if you have bald spots, don't worry because you can cover them with the decorations. 
  • Then use a hot glue gun to stick your decorations on your bare wreath. Remember there is no right way to do this. Get funky and do what ever you think looks good!

If you feel like you can't do this on your own there are wreath making workshops offered, however they can get pricey.

This is what my final product looked like however feel free to add your own touch to it and get creative.






No comments:

Post a Comment