Monday, December 3, 2012

Comfort food at its finest

EXAMS!
PAPERS!!
GROUP PROJECTS!
It's that time of year again and I don't know about you but when I'm stressed I turn to comfort food. My number one go to is Poutine. My favorite place to go to is called The Big Cheese it's down 17th ave and I trust me, if you haven't been GO!
It inspired me to try my own poutine experiment. I picked up some real cheese curds that are from Quebec at a farmers market along with poutine gravy. I made my own fries from scratch, which is pretty simple. You need potatoes and oil, chop the potatoes up and put them in for 15 minutes, be careful one can burn themselves quite easily. I was feeling a bit spunky so I boiled and fried up some perogies and added them in. VOILA!


I must say that it was quite a delicious meal however the 2 gym session the next day wasn't fun but it was well worth it!

1 comment:

  1. That looks so good! I am totally with you on the eating comfort foods during the last couple weeks of classes and through finals. Not to mention that Christmas is after that. I will definitely have to try and make my own poutine and maybe add perogies as well.

    ReplyDelete