Monday, December 3, 2012

Bacon Chipotle


Have you ever had the Baked Bacon Chipotle Penne at Boston Pizza?  If you haven’t you should really try it.  It is amazing!  Since I can’t go to Boston Pizza every time I’m the mood for this I decided to see if it was online.  At first I thought that I would just use Google for this but I have recently signed up on Pinterest and figured that there was bound to be at least one recipe on there.  I was not disappointed.  There were several different recipes that I looked at before settling on a recipe called Chipotle Cheesy Bacon Penne.  It looks really good.  I am sadly disappointed that I don’t have everything that I needed to make this because I really really want some.



Ingredients:

-4 cups of uncooked Penne pasta
-1 large tomato Diced
-1 can of sliced mushrooms drained or fried fresh mushrooms
-6 to 8 slices of bacon diced and then fried to make fresh bacon bits (drain off the fat on a paper towel)
-2 cups of Tex Mex shredded cheese
-4 green onions chopped

Sauce Ingredients:
-2 teaspoons of minced garlic (i use jarred garlic)
-3 tablespoons of margarine or butter
-2 tablespoons of flour
-1/4 teaspoon of pepper
-1/2 teaspoon of Mrs Dash Chipotle Seasoning
-2 1/2 cups of 2% milk
-2 cups of Tex Mex cheese shredded

I am definitely going to try this and for any of you who have had this at Boston Pizza (and even those of who you haven’t) should too.  I however won’t be putting mushrooms in because I don’t like them.  

1 comment:

  1. I added chicken and it was identical to the Boston Pizza one. Sooo good!

    ReplyDelete