Thursday, November 1, 2012

crispo-facto

I love designing posters, comics, logos, and anything else I can put together in Adobe. Working in media and communications, the creative suite is an everyday tool for me. Though I do this as my job, I'm inspired regularly to take on personal projects for myself or for friends. One of my friends, Crispin, is especially inspirational.

If my life were on board the Starship Enterprise, Crispin would be Data. Hopefully that sums it up well enough. Who doesn't love Data?! I could hang out with Data all day! (I didn't write that assuming Crispin would eventually read this post, though he very well might. We might even hang out afterwards.)

Anyway, the point is I've started to throw together simple designs based on conversation with Crispin. Consider this an internet meme currently circulating my immediate group of friends.

I call them "Crispo-Facto's"

This first one, titled "POSH", paraphrases Crispo's explanation of the word's origin. I'm not sure if he's correct about this or not, but I'm absolutely thrilled by the possibility. Where does he learn such trivia? No one can be certain.

Last week, I created this one called "International Orange" after Crispo asked for my help in identifying a specific colour. While we kept looking for something called "Search & Rescue Red", the colour he was looking for turned out to be "international orange". I was able to find the CMYK code on wikipedia's "list of colours", but neither of us know enough about paint mixing to understand how that will translate into vehicle paint. Maybe there's a software program that does this? Something to look into I suppose.


Isn't he lovely? While these are only the first couple editions of the Crispo-Facto, I trust that there are still many to come. He does keep providing me with consistent material, after all.








No comments:

Post a Comment